“There is nothing that please the senses as much as an ordinary brisk fall day. Take the time to enjoy the ordinariness of this gift that comes around every year.”
Yeah, I know … you have “places to go, people to see, things to do” …
Spend a few minutes on the following, optimally in some place quiet and off your beaten daily path:
1) Stop thinking about those people, places, and things. Put them out of your consciousness. Never fear, they’ll all be right there waiting for you when you return.
2) Take a long and deep breath … hold for a second or two … and exhale. Repeat until you feel very relaxed …
3) See … look up, look down, and look around … consider what you are seeing.
4) Listen … preferably with your eyes closed. Consider what you are hearing.
5) Feel … the texture of whatever you are touching, the flow of the wind across your skin,
6) Practice the above until you are able to focus on the moment without thinking.
When you are able to let go of the daily things …
When you are able to sense and appreciate what is around you …
When you feel really relaxed and at peace …
When that is your reality, my work here is done …
Listening to the wind and gazing at the turning leaves in the Heartland ….
- Deep Listening (carlmccolman.com)
- Begin a meditation practice to clear your mind (Video) (examiner.com)
- Ordinary Character (thelifeofzabs.wordpress.com)