Either I am taking the theme for today seriously or I am just being lazy … either way, here are some very thought-provoking observations around silence for your midweek reflection.
Which one speaks most directly to you?
“Silence doesn’t indicate wisdom. Knowing when to remain silent does.”
(Author unknown- attributed to Good Health magazine)
“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”
“Silence does not always mark wisdom.”
“Speak only if it improves upon the silence.”
“I don’t think…” then you shouldn’t talk, said the Hatter.”
Keeping my own mouth firmly shut and enjoying the silence in the Heartland ….
- Reflections on Silence (incrediblygoodnews.wordpress.com)
- Silence (starscrutiny.wordpress.com)
- What comes to mind when you hear the word ‘silence’? (eslschoolforenglish.wordpress.com)
- A pause moment (squareswithincircles.wordpress.com)
- The Silence (burgessart.wordpress.com)